Numero de l'offre: 2591
La structure qui recute: CIFOR - Center for International Forestry Research
Le titre de l'offre: Team Leader, Resource Development and Partnerships
Le lieu d'intervention: Indonesia/Kenya
La date de publication: 2019-02-08 08:48:10
La date de cloture: 2019-04-14
Diplômes exigés: Voir le document attaché
Adresse de dépôt: Voir le document attaché
Contenu de l'offre:
The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) envisions a more equitable world where forestry and landscapes enhance the environment and well-being for all. CIFOR is a nonprofit, scientific institution that conducts research on the most pressing challenges of forest and landscape management around the world. Using a global, multidisciplinary approach, we aim to improve human well-being, protect the environment and increase equity. To do so, we conduct innovative research, develop partners’ capacity and actively engage in dialogue with all stakeholders to inform policies and practices that affect forests and people. CIFOR is a CGIAR Research Center, and leads the CGIAR Research Program on Forests, Trees and Agroforestry (FTA). Our headquarters are in Bogor, Indonesia, with offices in Nairobi, Kenya; Yaoundé, Cameroon; Lima, Peru; and Bonn, Germany.
CIFOR is looking for a
Team Leader, Resource Development and Partnerships
The Team Leader for Resource Development and Partnerships will work closely with all leadership teams and across various organizations to enable strategic, disciplined and sustainable financial growth in the future. The purpose of the job is to lead and drive implementation of CIFOR and joint resource mobilization and funder relation strategies, and to strengthen research partnerships to ensure the delivery of CIFOR Strategy 2016–2025: Stepping up to the new climate and development agenda.
Key result areas:
- Achieve and sustain a balanced and growing flexible revenue mix: through maintaining the input of key contributions from major funders and generating funding for cross-institutional work.
- Increase long-term security and reduce risks around funding efforts by building stronger relationships with major funders and prospects, as well as building an internal and efficient culture on resource development.
Summary of responsibilities
- Leadership and management (35%)
- As a member of the corporate Resource Development and Partnership Committee, work with committee members to lead the implementation and further development of CIFOR and joint Resource Management strategies.
- Lead the development of CIFOR’s joint strong institutional relationships with major current funders and key targets for future income.
- Manage the Resource Development and Partnerships team to ensure delivery of effective and timely capacity and support for CIFOR and joint overall efforts.
- Working closely with the Communication, Outreach and Engagement (COE) and Research Teams, lead and coordinate communications and outreach to build awareness of CIFOR’s work and development impact with major current funders and prospects.
- Represent CIFOR at senior level with current and prospective funders, government agency representatives and strategic delivery partners, as well as in relevant external fora and communities of practice (e.g. CGIAR, European Tropical Forests Advisory Group, etc.).
- Strategy, analysis and reporting (30%)
- Provide strategic analysis and research on funding data trends, funder priorities and funding opportunities to inform development of engagement strategies with major current funders and key targets.
- Be a member of the CIFOR Management Group and the Resource Development and Partnership Committee.
- Advise and report to the Management Group (MG), Research Teams, and the Board of Trustees on progress in key areas of funding strategy, and review and update strategy as required.
- Work closely with Team Leaders, and develop fundraising partnerships and/or other mechanisms to expand collaboration on resource development.
- Maintain an effective portal in the myCIFOR system for capturing and sharing information, and managing funder intelligence to generate successful funding approaches and institutional understanding of CIFOR’s resource development.
- Proposal development, leadership and coordination (35%)
- Lead the negotiation and successful completion of large-scale applications for funding, with a focus on funding for cross-institutional work.
- Manage internal processes for proposal development to ensure high-quality submissions.
- Ensure high quality of major concept note and proposal submissions engineered according to level and likelihood of success.
- Ensure, in collaboration with Deputy Director General (DDG) Operations, that full cost recovery for the institution is negotiated with funders and incorporated into proposal budgets.
- Support Research Teams in all stages of Concept Notes (CN)/proposal development, including planning, drafting, editing, endorsement, submission and securing agreements of major concept notes and proposals.
- Provide advice and support to fundraising activities of the CGIAR Research Program on Forests, Trees and Agroforestry (FTA), of which CIFOR is the lead center.
- Analyze proposal development activity, including tracking CIFOR’s performance and success rates to identify and address areas for improvement and continuity.
- Increase proposal development capacity in Research Teams, including by providing training and mentoring to scientists.
Education, knowledge and experience
- a Master’s degree in international development, marketing, communication, fundraising, business administration or related discipline
- a minimum of 10 years of progressive experience in international fundraising/proposal development, and management for an international research or development organization
- proven track record of securing large-scale funding from bilateral and multilateral funding agencies, and familiarity with private foundations and corporate organizations that fund conservation activities
- superior knowledge of best practices and current trends in international donor relations and fundraising
- experience of living and working in developing countries
- experience of developing and implementing business development strategies a benefit
- outstanding writing skills and public speaking skills
- native speaker-level fluency in English is required; proficiency in other international languages is desirable
Personal attributes and competencies
- values the sharing of information and encourages continuous improvement in a cooperative atmosphere of constructive evaluation and learning
- excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- proactive, target driven
- outstanding writing skills and public speaking skills
- proven negotiation, strategic planning and execution skills
- proven ability to work on a variety of tasks simultaneously and to perform under pressure
- ability to meet deadlines and prioritize tasks
- excellent negotiation, facilitation and conflict resolution skills
- a team player, with proven performance in a multicultural and multidisciplinary environment
Terms and Conditions
- This is a global position. CIFOR offers competitive remuneration in USD, commensurate with skills and experience.
- The appointment is for 2 years, inclusive of a 9-month probationary period, with the possibility of extension contingent upon performance, continued relevance of the position and available resources.
- The duty station will be at CIFOR HQ in Bogor, Indonesia or CIFOR Hub office in Nairobi, Kenya.
- The application deadline is 14 April 2019.
- We will acknowledge all applications, but will only contact short-listed candidate
To apply, please visit our career site at
To learn more about CIFOR, please visit our website at
CIFOR is an equal opportunity employer. Staff diversity contributes to excellence.
Le document: Telechargez le document