Numero de l'offre: 2531
La structure qui recute: Swisscontact - Swiss Foundation for Technical Cooperation (Switzerland)
Le titre de l'offre: Team Leader - IVET / skills development programme in Lao
Le lieu d'intervention: Asia
La date de publication: 2019-01-11 09:42:56
La date de cloture: 2019-01-31
Diplômes exigés: Voir dans les détails
Adresse de dépôt: Voir dans les détails
Contenu de l'offre:
Swisscontact is the business-oriented independent foundation for international development cooperation. Represented in 36 countries with over 1400 employees, it promotes - since 1959 - economic, social and environmental development.
Swisscontact is currently designing an IVET/skills development programme in Lao PDR and seeks applications from qualified candidates for the following position:
Team Leader – IVET/skills development programme in Lao PDR
Employment Start: July 2019 (tbc)
Contract duration: July 2019 until June 2021
with option to renew, depending on performance
Place of work: Vientiane, Lao PDR (with frequent visits to field locations)
Swisscontact is designing an IVET/skills development programme for Lao PDR. The project aims to increase income and employment opportunities for young people/ school dropouts and new industry entrants from disadvantaged backgrounds in rural provinces of Lao PDR. The project also aims to improve the IVET system to enhance labour market insertion. For this exciting new programme Swisscontact is looking for an ambitious and dynamic Team Leader to be based in the Swisscontact country office in Vientiane. The Team Leader will have extensive experience of supporting IVET for disadvantaged groups in developing country contexts.
- Overall management of the IVET/skills development programme (project cycle, reporting, finances, HR, etc,)
- Leads, guides, supports and counsels the IVET/skills development programme implementation team (resident expatriates, short term experts and national staff).
- Represents IVET/skills development programme towards the outside, specifically towards partner organisations, government institutions, NGO’s, the private sector, subcontractors and international development agencies regarding all matters of IVET/skills development programme interests in Lao PDR.
- Maintains effective working relationship with SDC by providing timely information on all relevant Program matters according to agreed procedures.
- Analyses and synthesises program outcomes and contributes to the further development of concepts within the context of the Project Document.
- Supports the team members in their further development of their thematic competencies and their professional career.
- At least 15 years of gradually increasing responsibilities in IVET/TVET, preferably experience in SDC projects and approaches, and at least one previous team leader long-term assignment in a related field.
- Academic background should be Master level in the field of education or a similar relevant field.
- Experience in IVET/TVET in an ASEAN country, especially in Lao PDR, will be an advantage.
- A specific and sound knowledge of the Dual Vocational Training system is paramount.
- Track record in Project Cycle Management (including financial management).
- Familiarity and experience in private sector development, capacity building of local service
- Providers, good governance and working with vulnerable and disadvantaged groups of people.
- Experience in the field of gender equality mainstreaming and conflict-sensitive programme management.
- Strong business, analytical and presentation skills.
- Excellent English communication skills (verbal and written).
- In view of the team composition, applications by female candidates are specifically encouraged.
Le document: Telechargez le document